Wednesday, May 30, 2007

a jeepney photo op

Taken on my way to Bagong Silang, Caloocan City. An area with a very high crime rate (some of my friends told me it’s now the new Tondo – a place famous for its notoriety).

You’ve got to have enough courage or stupidity to bring out a camera as big as mine and take photo of a guy this size and at arms length away.

Have lots of it – stupidity, I mean. So I brought out mine and shoot anyway.

“Kinukunan mo ba ko pre?” (are you taking a picture of me?), he said without smiling.

“Oo pre, hobby lang” (yes, my hobby)

“Bakit ‘di mo sinabi?" (why didn't you say so?), he said it with an angry look.
i looked at him and was thinking hard what to say.

"Next time sasabihin mo para maka-pose ako.” (Next time you should tell me so I can pose for you), he then gave a very friendly smile. I smiled back and was really relieved.

Everybody in the jeepney was smiling as I took a couple more shots.


----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahhaha anu ba yan kuya jo. hhahah nakakatakot xa. hahahaha
-badet