Monday, May 21, 2007

bakét (old woman)


I wanted to take a photo of her from the moment I saw her. I sat down a few meters away as she tends her goods. She sells vegetables in front of a thrift shop in an old building in Baguio City. I observed her for a couple of minutes. She does a lot of funny facial expressions and naps every now and then...reminded me a lot of my grandma.

I took a good number of shots before showing her the photos from my cam. "Ang tanda ko na. Puro linya na ang mukha ko" (I'm so old now. My face is full of lines already), she said - a bot conscious of her looks.

"Pero maganda pa din po. Parang tulad din ng lola ko" (But still beautiful. Just like my grandmother), I said, smiling at her. She gave me a very sweet smile as I thanked her and proceeded my way.

---
taken at Baguio City, Philippines


---

No comments: