Wednesday, December 31, 2008

muslim girl



i was shopping at Baguio market when this little girl approached me, asking that she'll carry my bag for some money. some kids are roaming around the city market doing the same ro earn some money for their family. i told her that i'll just take a photo of her and she doesn't have to carry my bag. she was hesitant at first and was shy to even look at my cam.

"isang kuha lang po ha" (just one photo sir).

i smiled and took a shot as fast as i can because i didn't want her to change her mind.
she burst into a sweet smile as i handed her some money.

she was so happy and surprised that i gave her 50 pesos (1 dollar). most of the time they get 10 or 20 pesos in every bag they carry....and most are heavy shopping bags.

"kuya nagkamali po kayo" (brother you made a mistake.)
offering back the money.

"no i didn't", i said.
that is really for you.

then i went my way praying that the photo i took of her was alright.

---

2 comments:

Kodak Picturezzz said...

Sir JoBar!

Mukhang mapapadalas ako sa blog na to.

Galing!

britney said...

Hi!

I came across your photo of the big buddha in hong kong
Link: http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif
and thought it would be great to use in my school assignment.
Was wondering if it's okay if i used it (i'll be crediting your flikr site for it of course).

Thanks

azn_sputnik@hotmail.com